Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Transforming Fires

Summer Solstice, Alban Hefin, turned out to be something of a surprise. Not in a pleasant way..at least at first look. 

Transformation is often violent and tempestuous as Change asserts itself. Change is the only real constant and nothing ever happens without reason, even if we cannot see what that reason is.

Oakstone Grove, as a group incarnation, is gone. It is solo now, being embodied in myself who holds the Charter. It still accepts visitors and people invited to participate, but it is no longer a group entity. In the fullness of time it may return, probably will in fact. But it will be changed.

Like a caterpillar it has gone into chrysalis to emerge later as something the same...but different. The name is likely to change, almost certainly will in fact. Some things will be more or less the same, many things won't be. What form it takes exactly remains to be seen.

There is purpose in everything. I do not think what happened this past Sunday morning could really have been avoided, now my own mind has cleared and I have recovered. I think it had to happen. It was like a wound being lanced, pouring out pent up waste. Not just for those directly involved, but generally speaking too. Agents of Change can take any form and manifest in any way.

Flames of Passion were released and burned fiercely for a bit. Fire scorches things, but it also prepares the way for new growth. I had specially invoked the Passion of the Southern Fires during the establishment of the Grove. I do not normally focus on any one thing this way, but I did this day. I think now it was part and parcel of what was to come.

The result is that the Grove transforms..and each being present has an opportunity, and yes I am calling it that intentionally, to examine what happened, their part in it if any, the after effects, and to delve into the Self for some exploration. In short, each of us there have been offered an interesting opportunity to examine ourselves and our stances on various things.

Even in ugliness and strife there is beauty and peace. It is the way of things and personally I am glad for it, for pure ugliness and strife would be so much harder to endure without such. The trick is finding it..seeing it...rather than focusing solely on the ugly. Mind you, the ugly needs facing and examining, but it ought not be the sole focus. The opportunities that come from transformation need attention too...they need recognition of what can be.

Some people may not come again, some new folk may, once the group aspect of things resumes. Yes, it will resume at some point. Knee jerk reactions aside, and the headaches and exhaustion of fielding and grounding so much negative energy and transformative storm aside as well, the Wheel turns and the Spiral is.

Self recriminations will happen..but tempering them with a bit of careful thought is a wise thing to do. Blaming ourselves is human...and all too often taken to extremes. It matters not, now, who was at fault. What matters is what is made of the opportunities found within.

Three Marvelous Deeds: to Forgive a wrong done, to Amend everything possible, and to Refrain from injustice.

Just some food for thought. 

Siani 

No comments: