Avalonian Tradition is a good fit with Druidry, in my opinion. Different, of course, but the basic idea of it fits well.
Avalonian Tradition dictates we strip away everything until our authentic selves are revealed. To work with this, ritual is approached without makeup of any kind, without anything other than jewelry that holds spiritual and ritual significance, and wearing robes of dark blue and cloaks of black, in natural fabrics. This material is in the publicly available book 'Avalon Within' so I am revealing no secrets here. Use of a 'silver branch' is part of it, the branch being made of apple wood with nine silver bells along its length. I have a nice apple wand to which I will append said silver bells.
I am enjoying the discussions on the SoA Orientation list. Those I shall not speak of as that is a safe space and will remain so.
One thing that became rather clear, and which is not confidential, is that this period of Orientation is not to see if we are a good fit for the Order, but rather to see if the Order is a good fit for us. That might seem minor but it is not..in effect, we are testing the Order to see if it works for us. When our applications were accepted we became members of the SoA. This period is meant for us to ensure we really want to go forward. I like this approach.
So far I have found nothing to convince me I should not go forward..but there are 8 weeks remaining yet.
My Bardic pursuits continue, and I admit the blue robe works well with this. I already have a blue cloak of course, although the black one would do well enough I think. I have my new tuner so I may tune the harps to 432 hz, a match for the natural frequencies around us. Far more soothing and healing.
The building of instruments continues as well.
Temple work goes on as well. The painting of silk is part of this endeavor. Some scarves, banners, and 'prayer flags' of a sort. Other projects as well but I shall not speak of those at the moment; it is too early.
My OBOD studies are moving along. I need to contact my Mentor and prepare to complete the course now. :) I am looking forward to the Druid Grade studies. I doubt I can make the East Coast gathering this year, but we shall see.
AODA activities continue as well. The solitary nature of things suiting me well enough.
My spiritual life and philosophies continue on...and I expect the forthcoming AT through hike will have a major impact on some of it. How can it not? Five or six months wandering through the Wilderness (I plan to go into towns solely for resupply) cannot but have a massive impact on me. I look forward to it.
Siani /|\
No comments:
Post a Comment